I knew the day would come when we would all graduate college and start our adult lives. It is still strange to think that people I have been friends and neighboors with for over a decade are moving all the way from across the country to across the world.
This particular week, I have two long-time friends going-away parties that I am attending, so I have been scouring Pinterest for gift ideas that don’t break the bank & won’t be thrown out during their moving process.
My favorites include anything you can personalize. I am a HUGE DIY-er and believe that handmade things hold more value.
Here are some ideas that I’ve had.
Polaroid or Fuji Camera
- No, don’t give them an actual camera. I’m thinking about investing in a digital Polaroid camera so I can take pictures of friends at the parties and get each friend to leave a little message of encouragement on the back. Pictures are super easy to carry when traveling, and being able to see your friends and get a lil’ pep talk when you need it can go a long way.
- You can purchase these online at Amazon or in most stores such as Walmart, Target, or Best Buy. The digital Polaroid costs (without film & SD card) between $100 -130, while the Fuji will cost around $50 – 70 without film.
A Heartfelt Map
- This is probably the easiest (and the cheapest) idea on the list.
- Simply buy a map (specifically of the area that you and your friend reside in) and either leave it be or cut it into a heart. From there you can frame it and get other friends to sign it and leave messages.
- Click here for the link to Pinterest.
For the BFFs – Matching Mugs
- So, this one isn’t so much of a DIY (unless you wanted to do it yourself – if so I suggest you search it on YouTube!) I found these adorable matching mugs on Etsy that would make the perfect gift for your BFF or significant other that is moving away.
- Click here to take you to the Etsy shop that sells them (artRuss).
Need more inspo?
Here are some other ideas I found while scouring the interwebs of Pinterest. If there is one thing I know, it’s that I would definitely want these things at my going away party. Linked below.
Let me know what gifts you would like for a going away party in the comments below!
As always, stay wild!